“An idea can come from anywhere, but getting buy in and seeing it through is tough. In fact, naming can be one of the hardest parts of a branding project.”
These naming specialists are listed at the end.
With a few relevant books.
- Wordcraft: The Art of Turning Little Words into Big Business
- Sound Symbolism
- The Language Instinct: How the Mind Creates Language
- The Name of The Beast: The Process and Perils of Naming Products, Companies, and Brands (this one’s also recommended by Reed Words)
Another that seems worth picking up.
Some online pieces.
- How To Get A Name Right, from Pentagram, via @AND_Studio
- Do’s and Don’ts of Naming a Brand, on Highsnobiety
- A 3-step process for naming a project/product, by Ben Pieratt
- Verbing brand names, on The Economist
- Thoughts: general names, by James of DesignStudio
And when you have your shortlist, check availability.