Increasingly mentioned in the media, Twitter has replaced Delicious as my bookmarking tool of choice. I’m always interested in what local designers are up to, so here’s a “Top of the Twitter Design Charts” for Northern Ireland (be great to get a coffee / pint one weekend soon).
Designer twits in Northern Ireland (listed by # of followers)
- 6,489 — @gracesmith — Grace Smith (Postscript5)
- 4,516 — @webcreative — Leeanne Lowe (Web Creative)
- 4,376 — @davidairey — David Airey (Logo Design Love)
- 3,020 — @problogdesign — Michael Martin (Pro Blog Design)
- 2,712 — @leemunroe — Lee Munroe (Lee Munroe)
- 838 — @webireland — Paul Anthony (Web Distortion)
- 554 — @acejet170 — Richard Weston (Ace Jet 170)
- 548 — @davymac — David Macdonald (davymac)
- 487 — @vectorfunk — Eamonn Murphy (Vectorfunk)
- 460 — @darrylxxx — Darryl Collins (Banjax Web Design)
Doesn’t seem a lot, does it? Surely there are more.
Find designers on Twitter
Twellow is a searchable Twitter directory that can help you find graphic designers nearby (I’m listed even though I’ve never entered details, so I guess it’s comprehensive).
Remember though, Twitter’s not a competition.
I’ve thought about adding an extra field to my comment form, where if you enter your Twitter username it’ll automatically add a link to your profile, kind of like how Darren does it on TwiTip. Can anyone help with that?
Lee also let me know about his new side-project, Tweet NI, which looks like a great way to find twits in Norn Irn.
In summary, can’t touch this.
Illustration by Matt Hamm