And just like last time, rather than choose one myself, you’re welcome to decide.
Chapter titles and sub-sections are shown in the contents pages (PDF 40kb).
Here’s a quick view of the titles on their own.
- Essential traits
- Never stop learning
- Find your niche
- Pros and cons of self-employment
- Work direct or be a subcontractor?
- Planning for success
- Brand naming
- Designing your brand identity
- Working from home versus renting space
- Launching your online presence
- Marketing yourself and finding good clients
- Why bigger business isn’t always better
- Legalities, integrity, and morality
- Choose clients wisely
- Handling the client approach
- Pricing your work
- Terms and conditions
- How to best present your work
- The mentors speak
- A future without clients
- Keep the fire burning
The book’s website shows who contributed where, and also holds an expanded resource section.
If you leave a comment with your chapter choice I’ll create a free PDF for the most popular.
Update: 13 December 2012
The free chapter can be downloaded on this page:
And you’ll find links to a few other chapter excerpts here:
It’s not always about the money